I seem ahead to this simple, common cheese ball each and every year. It has been served all through household Christmas Eve events on account that earlier than my time. The substances are few and inexpensive, and would possibly be made year-round, however I reserve this one specific appetizer for the vacation trips solely to hold its specialness. I love to serve Ritz crackers with the cheese ball to carry out its savory flavor.
- 1 ½ (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (2.5 ounce) package thinly sliced smoked beef, chopped
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can pimento-stuffed green olives, chopped
- 1 small Vidalia or other sweet onion, minced
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce, or to taste
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Mix the cream cheese, beef, olives, onion, and Worcestershire sauce together in a bowl until evenly blended. Keeping the mixture in the bowl, scrape it into a semi-ball shape. Cover, and refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours.
Place a large sheet of waxed paper on a flat surface. Sprinkle with walnuts. Roll the cheese ball in the walnuts until completely covered. Transfer the cheese ball to a serving plate, or rewrap with waxed paper and refrigerate until needed.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)